Skip to content
v0.14.3b – 26 Sept 2023
- Change domain name detection script to allow for longer top level domain names in custom configurations
v0.14.2b – 23 Sept 2023
- Some distros of linux add an extra ‘-e ‘ to the beginning of the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/dns_write_post.sh file. This file needs to have at least the ‘#!/bin/bash’ shebang in it. I’ve updated the install script to fix this, but if you are having the error ‘/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/dns_write_post.sh: 1: -e: not found’ then edit that file and remove the ‘-e ‘ from the beginning.
v0.14.1b – 23 Sept 2023
- Certain versions of linux have the bind ‘named-checkzone’ command in a different location. Added a configuration item to daflare which is set on a fresh installation, and automatically updated when you ‘Edit Admin Defaults’ and press Update.
v0.14.0b – 17 Sept 2023
Features & Fix
- PHP 8 no longer displays deprecation warnings
- Added an ‘Advanced Mode’ which includes new record types ‘TLSA’, ‘CAA’, ‘DNSKEY’ (although I believe it is still best to enable DNSSEC on Cloudflare and they automatically manage their own DNSKEY records separately)
- NOTE: To change to the ‘Advanced Mode’, go to ‘Edit Admin Defaults’ and change the ‘Direct Zone File Access’ to ‘Advanced Mode Beta’. It will be automatically recommended that you switch to preview mode – do this and then scroll down to the bottom of the screen to press ‘Update’. I highly recommend that you do this and try synchronizing all your important domains in preview mode to see what records will be changed when you switch back to Live mode.
- Any other custom Cloudflare record types not supported by daflare are now ignored, and not removed from Cloudflare as they previously would have been.
v0.11.6b – 6 May 2021 – FreeBSD/Debian Fix
- Fixed FreeBSD/Debian Standard Zone Access compatibility. The location of named zone files is now retrieved from DirectAdmin which fixes the error that caused Standard Zone Access mode to not work on those distros. If you have previously switched to Standard Zone Access mode and had a ‘domain zone file not found’ error, install the latest version of daflare, then click on the red ‘Edit Admin Defaults’ button in the Control Panel, confirm that Standard mode is selected in the ‘Direct Zone File Access’ box, and then you MUST click on ‘Update Config’ at the bottom to automatically update the file location that daflare uses for the zone files.
- Fixed error message caused by loading extensions in custom php.ini file. Changed to dynamic loading of required extensions only if they don’t exist in the PHP CLI version on the server.
v0.11.3b – 6 May 2021
v0.11.2b – 5 May 2021
- Zone File Access mode is set to Standard by default when daflare is installed. Existing users still need to manually change from None to Standard Mode to access all of the new features if they haven’t done this already.
v0.11.1b – 4 May 2021
- Added custom php.ini to load required php extensions on installations that don’t have the required php extensions built-in
v0.11.0b – 29 April 2021 – Minor Version Update: Proxy & NS Display on Home Page
- Cloudflare NS status on the control panel home page. When you next sync your domain, if your NS records are set to Cloudflare, a cloud will be displayed. Hover over the cloud to see the NS records set for that domain. If your NS records are set to a Non-Cloudflare server, a blue server icon will be displayed – hover to see the NS records.
- Proxy display on the control panel home page. When you next sync your domain, if the NS records are set to Cloudflare, the proxy status of your domain records are read and a proxy ‘cloud’ will be displayed. The cloud will be grey, if all of the records are set to DNS Only (ie. Proxy Off), Orange if ALL of the records are set to Proxy On, or a percentage of grey/orange if some of the records are set to Proxy On. Hover over the cloud to see the details.
- Dark mode (enable/disable) Who doesn’t love a good dark mode?! Note: it doesn’t link to the DirectAdmin dark mode yet, but you can set it yourself with a switch at the top right
v0.10.4b – 28 April 2021
- Fixed display of daflare menu so it is visible in all DirectAdmin skins
v0.10.3b – 21 April 2021
- Fixed plugin iframe to eliminate double scrollbars appearing and config pages not being scrolled to top of screen when loaded
v0.10.2b – 19 April 2021
- Renamed ‘Add new domain configuration’ on control panel home page to ‘Add configuration for unlisted domain’, and move to bottom of home page. It is quicker to just click on ‘configure’ next to a domain, but this button allows you to create a configuration before adding a domain to the server.
- Fixed an issue where domain pointers/aliases weren’t listed on the daflare control panel home page.
- Removed the proxy on/off message from records that can’t be proxied. The plugin operation wasn’t affected, but the log messages may have been confusing. Note: Only A, AAAA and CNAME records can be proxied by Cloudflare.
v0.10.1b – 17 April 2021
- Fixed an issue where popup dialog boxes were not being displayed in the correct position when editing Domain Configurations
v0.10.0b – 17 April 2021 – Minor Version Update: Domain Display on Home Page
- GUI: display users’ domains on the daflare home page with configure buttons
- GUI: add sync buttons to domain list (NOTE: sync button is only visible when Zone File Access mode is set to Standard in the Admin Defaults)
- GUI: add ‘Update Config and Sync’ button to custom domain configuration page (Standard Zone File Access mode ONLY)
- GUI: display dialog when Zone File Access mode is changed to suggest switching to Preview Mode to test the new setting
- GUI: display current default values when editing domain configurations
- GUI: display message at top of home and domain config pages when Preview Mode is enabled
- Log: display previous proxy setting for deleted records
- Block a (non-shared) Cloudflare Token being read from the admin defaults. (This will only affect users who have manually edited their config files – the GUI already automatically hides this setting)
- Fixed an issue where admin defaults weren’t being applied to domains with custom configurations
v0.9.2b – 9 April 2021
- Log: display content of any records deleted rather than just the Cloudflare record ID
v0.9.1b – 17 March 2021
- GUI: add admin config option to select the Zone File Access mode – None (uses DirectAdmin environment info – basic TTL support) or Standard (Reads zone files directly)
v0.9.0b – 12 March 2021 – Minor Version Update: Direct Zone File Access
- Add Zone File Access mode to read records directly from the zone file – enables access to per-record TTL values to sync with Cloudflare. Bind support requires ‘named-checkzone’ which should already have been installed on your server with bind.
v0.8.2b – 27 Feb 2021
- GUI: Minor error display changes
v0.8.1b – 26 Feb 2021
- GUI: Fixed the display and position of the Token Verification modal
v0.8b – 26 Feb 2021 – Minor Version Update: NS Required Records Display
- GUI: Add Verify Token button to confirm that the API Token entered connects with Cloudflare (Note: this doesn’t confirm that the token permissions are correct)
- Required Cloudflare NS records are logged when domain is syncronized/added to Cloudflare.
- Instructions are displayed to the user to correct the Cloudflare NS records if they are incorrect or missing.
- Fixed an issue where AAAA records were not syncing
- GUI: Added the plugin icon for DirectAdmin Evolution theme
- Domain will now sync if any NS records are set to ns.cloudflare.com (Previously only the first NS record would be checked to decide if the domain should be syncronized with Cloudflare.)
v0.7.2b – 24 Feb 2021
- Change handling of NS records to sync from DA to CF, as with other records, with the exception of the Cloudflare NS records themselves, which are automatically handled by CF.
v0.7b – 20 Feb 2021 – Minor Version Update: Moving log and config files. Initial release via daflare website.
- Move default log file location to
- Move configuration files to
/usr/local/directadmin/conf/daflare so that configuration files aren’t deleted when the plugin is deleted
v0.6b – 11 Nov 2020 – Minor Version Update: Create Config GUI
- GUI: Create configuration editor for Admin settings
- GUI: Create configuration editor for domain specific settings
- Extend proxy creation to enable defaults for certain record types
- Allow/block users form accessing the shared Cloudflare account
- (PRO) Allow/block users from creating their own config
v0.5b – 7 Nov 2020 – Minor Version Update: Create DirectAdmin Plugin
- Create install scripts to install/update/uninstall plugin
- Refactor existing project to create DirectAdmin plugin